the streak
Thursday, January 23, 2014Yesterday I broke a nearly 10 year long streak.
I have had cell phones in my personal possession for almost 10 years, and in all those years of being a cell phone owner I have never once lost one or left it at a store/restaurant/movie theater/school.
Have I dropped a cell phone? Yes.
Have a cracked the screen by sitting on it? Absolutely. (only once, though)
Have I left it at home on accident? Of course.
But have I ever carelessly left it in a public place where it could easily be taken?! No.
Until last night.
Nathan and I went out to eat for dinner and when I was showing him all of the flavors of chapstick I keep in my purse, I must have irresponsibly placed my cell phone next to me on the seat of the booth we were sitting at. And when we got up to leave, I left the poor thing there. Forgotten.
When we got home, I realized it wasn't in the front pocket of my purse like it usually is, and we drove back to the restaurant to check. Nathan was even nice enough to go in and grab it to save me some embarrassment.
Fortunately, none of the high school aged employees noticed it. I'm sure that if they had, they would have snatched it right up because of the amazing phone case design that beautifully combines Aztec patterns and outer space. Yes, it looks just as amazing as it sounds.
Want to see a picture of it?? I knew you did.
P.S. I keep thinking today is Friday. It is vastly disappointing. Each and every time.




0 comments